Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Call My Name and Ill Be There..."







"You just call my name and Ill be there..." This is a line in a song by Third Day that really speaks to my heart right now. Every day I hear my name called out about a million times, and many times its just one of the kids wanting to call out, but every time I look to see what they need. This is what God's love is. No matter what, we can call out His name and He will always look to see what we need. The difference being that God can never get tired of hearing us call out His name. He loves to hear His children speaking to Him.



There have been many things going on lately to test my heart and the hearts of those around me; frustrations, fears and setbacks. But God is working in my heart, reminding me to call out and He will be there. So in a moment of frustration I should not dwell on the things that anger me, but call out to Him who can help me to see past it.



In light of such negativeness I want to share some joy with you, because every day is a blessing full of moments of wonder. Throughout my time here I have had the opportunity to watch the children grow, and some mile stones are clearer than others. We have only a few small babies, but it has been very cool to watch them grow. Nyoko, who is the little boy who was burned just before I got here is now crawling. This is a miracle in itself because we were first concerned he wouldnt live, then concerned he would never have use of his legs. But now he is crawling, has no visible scars on his legs and he is stading with support and crawling like a pro. Oh the blessings! Also, when I first came a little boy named Akech was not even crawling, only sitting up and playing. So through my time here I have been able to watch him learn to crawl, and now even walk. He is now walking all over the compound, doing everything in his power to find me :) I try to say this modestly, but he truly does go all around looking then when he sees me he walks as fast as he can to get to me. Its hard to be humble around my Akech :) These are the blessings and moments that make my time here more precious than I can say. I look forward to coming home but my heart cries out at the thought of leaving any of these children. Each child has such a unique personality, and I am honored to have this chance to know all of them. Though there were times I felt overwhelmed at the thought of trying to know all of these kids, but over time little moments, little glimpses gave me the chance to know them.
An explination of the pictures: the first is a picture of Akech, so cute! The second is some of the boys trying to be spider man :) (They really like spider man!) The third is some of the girls playing around. I really liked this one because it really shows their personalities, Jelous in the middle being so silly, Peace her sister on her left posing for the pictures and Ayinga on the right laughing at both of them. Leah is in front laughing and encouraging them the whole time. They are some pretty wonderful kids!

1 comment:

jen said...

aw ash. i love you and what you are doing there! i almost cried (seriously) when i thought about you having to leave there. if it makes me feel that way i can't imagine what you feel!!!
love you girl. keep pressin' on!