Monday, September 15, 2008

Here I Go!!

So the time has come...the adventure starts. Today I flew out of Kansas City to Charlotte, NC then on to Newark, NJ and I am staying in Pearl River, NY. Thats a lot of states for one day :) I am now residing at the AIM Headquarters in the US. I have already met some quite wonderful people and am so excited for tomorrow where I will be getting orientation training to prepare me for Sudan.
Today was rather a difficult day, as I prepared to leave home. I think the hardest part of this is leaving my family. I am not really scared for what I have to come, I am just trusting completely in God that all will work out. I know I wont be comfortable for a lot of the time, but I know that this is a mission for Christ, so what have I to be afraid of. God is so very good and faithful and I am excited to see what works He will do through me.
Thank you all for your throughts and prayers. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such faith and love. God Bless!!

1 comment:

jen said...

i'm proud of you ash! i can't wait to hear about all of this as it goes on! love you!
jen