Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today is the Day!

So today I leave. Right now I am just waiting until 5:00 when I leave for the airport from AIM. My flight doesnt actually leave until 9:00 tonight. I will be getting into England at 9:00am their time and will have a 12 hr layover. I get to do some sight seeing, but I will be by myself, so I dont know how much I will do.
I am so excited, but nervous. I still cant quite believe that Im going to be gone for so long. It doesnt feel quite real. Im sure it will really hit me once I get there. The plan is that I will fly into Uganda where I will stay with a missionary there. I will get some more training there or orientation, then after a few days go on up to Sudan. There are so many little details that I know that it really forces me to completely trust in God to get to the right places and everything. Its also rather difficult because the to receive my Visa I have to be very careful not to say the word "work" or anything. I am a visitor! It doesnt really feel that way to me, but otherwise I wouldnt get a Visa and could not enter the country. I remembered this when we went to Jamaica that they said the same thing. So I think everything will be fine.
So please pray that I have safe travels and meet all of my planes on time. Your prayers are so important for this endeavor and I am excited to see what God has to do in my life. Thank you and God Bless!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Ashley,
Thought about you all day yesterday knowing you were on your way to Africa (a long journey just to get there). It is wonderful to know you have so much courage and determination to move forward with your mission plans and are actually now in the process of achieving what you know in your heart you want to do. God Bless You and keep you safe always.
Aunt Pat