


It is definitely the dry season now. We did not have rain for a whole month and it is hot. But just a few days ago, we actually had a little bit of rain, and even today it is threatening to rain. I have been told though that this is not uncommon. Usually during the dry season it will rain a few times. This made me feel really good, because those few times can break up the pattern of heat that Im starting to feel. Also, it is so dry! When they sweep outside it builds up these dust storms that are choking! I drink so much water in a day I am starting to feel like a camel!
But enough about the weather...we are getting ready for Christmas! And I have been delegated to help decorate the church. So the last few days I have spent cutting paper and getting ready to do crafts with the children. Today we did crafts, making paper chains and stars that are actually quite nice. Thank you Martha Stewart for your fantastic ideas on how to make a paper star :) Oh the wonders of the internet...it can make an otherwise non-artistic person seem quite talented. So now I am stepping outside my box and trying to be artistic. Results may vary :)
On Wednesday I went to visit Winny, the little one with TB and she is looking amazing. She has gained so much weight and is smiling and playing. Praise God, what a beautiful little girl. I will post a picture of her so you can all see what a Glory to God she is. I am adding one that is from when she first came and two from now, so you can all see what a difference there has been. On the down side when I visited she had Malaria so wasnt feeling the best, but she will be getting treatment for that so she is in the right place. It is such a blessing to see her growing and getting so much better. I wish that everyone could have this experience to see someone come in as sick as this little girl was then watch her progressivly get better and better. God is so good!
I think that is all that is really going on. I am getting ready to go on my holiday to Uganda here in the beginning of Jan. My ticket is bought and everything. So that should be a good time full of relaxation and interaction with other missionaries of AIM. What an amazing thing that they have this conference that all can get together to tell of the ministry for the Lord. I have volunteered during this time to possibly be on the worship team and be a part of the children's worship. I am trying to give completely to the Lord all that He asks, although sometimes I find myself wanting to take a break. But God reminds me that I am here for Him and to further His Kingdom, which I cannot do sitting down. So please pray that I continue to have a yes attitude in my heart despite any discouragement real or imagined. I miss everyone so much, especially during this special season, but God is so good and gives my heart peace. I love you all! God Bless!!

1 comment:
Hey Ashley
Happy to hear about the decorations you are creating....remember the crazy creations we would have at the lodge!!! Take a picture for us to see. Your trip in Jan sounds like it will come at the perfect time. A nice get-a-way for you to rejuvinate!!
Love you ---Aunt Lou Ann
Post a Comment