Saturday, December 6, 2008

Welcome Home


Over this past few days some of our older kids have been at a retreat in Goli, which is about an hour and a half away. It was amazing to watch them go, because some of the little ones were so upset over their leaving. They cried and have been moping around here ever since they left. Today they returned and it was like they hadnt seen each other in years. I was standing with some of the girls when the truck pulled up and immediately they were jumping up and down, crying out and smiling from ear to ear. It was beautiful. The kids that had been gone jumped out of the back of the Lori (a truck that has an open back) and ran to give hugs. It was so cool. I made my way over to them and immediately was engulfed in the moment. Hugs, happy hand shakes and smiles of pure joy! I felt so much a part of this family at that time. A few of them even ran over directly to us just to give hugs. I thought my heart would explode. This is family. These children have no blood relation to each other, but they have built a family here. They have their squabbles, but at the end of the day they love each other so much! I felt so honored just to share this moment, feeling like I have shared in this family. Its so hard for me to express what joy this gave me. To feel like I belong, I am wanted and needed here. It was so special to me and I will carry this day with me forever. I pray that each of you can experience this overwhelming sense of joy and belonging where you are at in your life. God is so good!

No comments: