Yesterday was an interesting day. Nothing really special or new happened yesterday, but it was like the true beginning of rainy season and it came with an ominous sky. I wish that I could have taken a picture that would have dont justice to the uniqueness of the sky yesterday, but my camera doesnt take colors very nicely. So I will attempt to describe it. All morning it was overcast, nothing to strange about that, but then in the afternoon the sky began to look brown like a light burnt brown that left everything in a strange dusty haze. We speculated that there had been a sand storm somewhere that we were just getting the after effects from, I dont know. But then a little later the sky started turning again. It was that green ominous haze that all you Nebraskans will recognize as the color just before a tornado. That olive, yellow, brown color that seems to preclude any major storm and makes us all a little nervous. I was not the only one to say this, Dr. Heather who is here visiting with us for the month also said that had there been tornadoes here she would have been trying to find the closest shelter. But as we dont have tornadoes here, it was just the precurser to a very long, very hard rain. It rained well into the night and any time you stepped outside you were drenched to the bone. It was quite comical watching all of us run about trying to get our things done. I dont have an umbrella, so I just took my hat and took my chances looking like a drowned rat, Im sure it was a funny picture :)
So that is the most exciting thing that has happened this week. We are still working with the new nurses, but things seem to be going a lot better. I think with a little more time, not much as we dont have much, they will get the hang of things. So thank you all for your prayers and encouragements, please continue to pray for Betty and Esther as they still have a lot to learn. God Bless!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment