Today we found out that Winny has Tuberculosis (TB). This makes sense to us, as she has not been gaining any weight despite our many efforts and she has this repeated cough that we just dont seem able to get rid of. So tomorrow she will be admited into Malteser's hospital which deals only with TB, sleeping sickness and leprosy. Their facilities are quite nice, and praise God they are going to do the treatment for free! This is huge, as it will be a year long treatment. She will be admited for 1 month, then after that depending on her condition she can be released. So we will see how things look with that. Also, they are going to feed her for free too! God is SO AMAZING! This is such a miracle. This little girl must have great things to do, because God has been protecting her so very much.
Today in clinic went well. I dont know why, but our clinic was incredibly slow today. I only saw 9 patients total! I pray that everyone is healthy and just doesnt need us right now :)
Grandma Shay seems to think that I am an artist. I told her my family would laugh at such a claim, but she seems to think so. So I have been recruited to paint a message board in the dining hall and a sign for the outside of the office. Today I completed the office sign, but I wont be starting on the dining hall until Friday. Its so strange what God has planned for us. When I came here I certainly would not have thought that I would be painting any signs or really doing half the things I do here. Its funny how God uses us, even when we are unaware that we can be used in that capacity. So always keep an open mind, because God knows how He can use us, and it may be in ways we never imagined. Please pray that I may keep my heart open to Gods suggestions, and that He may continue to use me in any way there is a need. God Bless!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment