Over the past week and a half or so we have had a team from the States here. It was a small team of four, but it was so nice to get to know each of them. The team consisted of two guys and two girls and they came to work on putting a new ceiling in the church. A hugh task to be sure, and they have only just begun. The team members were Tony, Brian, Nancy and Theresa. Looking at their work they have done quite a lot in such a short time. The ceiling will look really great once it is all finished.
I think the greatest impact of their presence here has been with the children. It was so great to see them interact and listen to their stories. It really makes you appreciate each child more when you see them through someone else's eyes. So Im glad they had this opportunity to know these children, and really touch their hearts.
Having them here has really been a nice change of pace and it was so fun just laughing and telling stories with them. God is so good to send people to bring joy and renew our spirit for Him. Christ is so apparent in all of them, and that is beautiful to witness.
This week I also had the opportunity to go visit Winny and Margaret at Maltesers. I cannot tell you how GREAT God is! When I walked into the compound I immediately heard someone calling out to me, so I look up and its Margaret! She was out of bed, smiling and even cooking! This was huge as the last time I saw her she was in so much pain she couldnt even smile. So I sat down with her and she told me how she is feeling so much better, the pain is so much better, and the wounds are all healing. I looked at her hands and truly it is a wonder! The open sores have all healed over and she is using her hands without problem. God is so good! Then when I went to visit Winny her grandmother wasnt there, so I visited with the nurse about her to see her progress and it seems she is doing very well. She has been walking more, she seemed fairly happy, so it was a positive visit. I also met with another of the patients that I had met when Pooshani, the girls and I visited after Christmas. The woman remembered me and her and the baby are doing better. The baby still looks very thin, but she is no longer crying all the time and seemed fairly content. The mother looked very good, all smiles. I left that place with a huge smile on my face, giving glory to Our Father who has put His healing touch on these wonderful people.
This has also been a very strange week as far as the weather goes. It has been considerably cooler than it has been for a while. And today we had a downpour that lasted for a good 30 min. This is not normal. It is supposed to be dry season for at least another month! But all week we have had a little bit of rain and then today's monsoon was very unexpected. Ok, so it wasnt a monsoon, but really, its supposed to be dry season!
I do have a few prayer requests. There is a family that lives out in one of the surrounding villages that I visited this week. They are part of a cell group that we go and have prayers and Bible study with. This family has a crippled lady, a young boy with both clubbed feet, and a blind girl all living within the same village. When I went for Bible study the crippled woman told me her and one of the babies were sick. So I went back the next day and brought medicine, with assistance from the team. The baby has malaria, and the woman has severe pain. So please be praying for them that the Lord can provide healing and that they can get help for all of their many needs. Also that they may know that all help and healing comes from the Lord. I love you all and God Bless!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Ashley! It was great to meet you and to get to know you while we were there. I was so blessed and inspired by you. I was so touched by your love for Christ, compassion for everyone you serve, love, and generosity, not to mention great nursing skills, taking care of my wounded brother! Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I will be checking in and praying for all of you.
Post a Comment