Monday, January 5, 2009

HOLIDAY TIME!!

Tomorrow morning I leave to go on holiday in Uganda. I am so excited, I just cant wait. It is a much needed rest for me and will hopefully be a time of relaxation and renewal. Mirjam spent a day at Kingfisher resort and took some pictures of it so I could see where I will be going, and they look so BEAUTIFUL! It truly looks like paradise! There will be lots of time I think just to be away and enjoy God's Glory. I know I will be missing the kids, even this evening while doing rounds I was thinking how much I would miss this. The older boys were all in one of the rooms and when I came in to check on them, they bombarded me with questions and it turned into a 30 min discussion on a whole range of topics from health to relationships. This has happened before and every time I am so humbled by God giving me this opportunity to speak with these boys and actually have them listen. They are so good, asking questions and really participating in the conversation. I am honored that I have had this chance to build up that raport. So now I will leave for almost two weeks, and I know I will miss having these talks with them. I told them you were all praying for them and that I shared pictures with all of you so that you would know who to be praying for. They then all asked if I had sent pictures of them, and I realized that I have not sent any pictures of our older orphans, so when I return I will be getting pictures of our older orphans and put them up so you can all see their beautiful smiling faces and keep them in your prayers.
These last few days there have been two young women here doing some photography and observing the culture, experiencing Sudan. It has been a lot of fun having some new faces here. Today Mirjam and I took them in to town and visited Maltesers hospital and also the Yei hospital. We then took them around to see the market and the pharmacy where we get our meds from. So it was a full experience, as there is not much else to see in the town. Please be praying for Blanca and Liz as they will be traveling to many different countries doing photography and writing about their experiences. Please pray for safe travels and good experiences for both of them.
God Bless you all!!!

2 comments:

JLAV said...

Have fun!!!! I'll be excited to read all about it upon your return. Safe travels!

lap said...

Hey Ashley

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. It sounds like it has come along at a great time. I hope it really rejevenates you!! Boy it sounds like your holidays were busy. Any time you are trying to make things special for the kids, it takes alot of energy and time!!! It is wonderful that you are getting so see other parts of the area, too. Did you get your package while in Uganda?

Love you lots
Lou Ann