Sunday, January 18, 2009

RAIN!!




Today we had a little bit of rain! It was so nice, even though twenty minutes later you couldnt tell it had rained at all. But today was actually a little cooller than what it has been the last few days. It has been really hot. So today Pastor Dennis looked at the thermostat and apparently in the shade it was 98 degrees. Let me just say that we thought today was cooler, a nice climate! Unbelievable! But I guess you just get so used to a climate... Anyways, all is well here. Things seem to be getting back to normal. Etia, our worker that had cerebral malaria is doing 10 thousand times better. She is home and resting, able to communicate and walk a little bit. Her body is just very weak, understandably so. I just wanted to share a verse with you that really spoke to my heart today:


Psalm 126: 5-6


"May those who sow in tears reap with shouts of joy. Those who go out weeping bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, carrying their sheaves."


I may be taking this way out of context, but to me this really speaks of how much I yearn for these kids to know Christ...I mean really know Him! So I find myself crying sometimes, hoping someday they will see His glory. It also speaks to me of my being away from my family. I left home weeping, but with hope in my heart to sow seeds for His Harvest and I will be returning home with so many stories of Gods grace and wonder. I dont know the authors real meaning for these words, but this is what was put on my heart.


These people are so wonderful, but too many times I become frustrated with some of their actions and I want so much for them to see His Love and pray that they may want to be more like Him. I dont always understand why they do the things they do, or believe the things they do. So I fall on my knees and lift these people up to the Lord, as only He can change their hearts.


The Harvest truly is plentiful! God Bless all of you!

1 comment:

Charlie and Patti's Home Fellowship said...

Thanks for shareing Ashley. I too know that it can be frustrating to see the Sudanese do the things they do.

I also know that Jesus Christ has sent you there so that you can see it. So that you can, like you said, fall to your knee's and pray for them.

Be encouraged. The scripture that is on my mind is found in Acts 13:47.48

"For so the Lord has commanded us:

I have set you as a light to the Gentiles. That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.

Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.