Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!







Welcome 2009! This year we celebrated the new year by having church on new years day. I led "Sunday School" in the morning about trusting in the Lord throughout the new year. New Years Eve I did not stay up to bring in the year. I was a little bit of a fuddy dud because I went to bed about 10:30 :) Mornings come a little too early for me to be staying up that late. But it was a good day, playing with the kids and everything. Last week was a bit of a struggle for me as far as missing my family and friends back home. Before Christmas and on Christmas day I was so busy making things, preparing and helping the kids I didnt really have time to think about it, but then this last week everything hit me and I really struggled. But one evening Pooshani and I spent two hours talking, praying and worshiping together. I poured out my heart to God and He is so faithful and this week has been infinitely better. I still miss everyone, but I am able to handle it so much better now. It is amazing how when you bring something to God, He can take that weight off your shoulders and give you rest and peace. I am so grateful. I love you all so much, and I thank God every day that I have such support and love cheering me on every day. I know that my heart would not be able to find such peace in this work if I did not have all of your prayers and love centered on the work God is doing here. Thank you for that, you are all such a blessing to me.



Now to quite being so sappy :) Today Mirjam returned and I am extatic! I missed her so very much! She had a wonderful holiday in Uganda. She traveled around Kampala then went down to south-east Uganda visiting a volcano there and did some hiking, which is what she really wanted to do. She is Swiss, so its in her blood to be hiking all the time :) On the same plane as her arrived two young girls from Texas that will be traveling all over Africa doing some photography work. She is staying with us for 3 days then will be flying back down to Kampala with me on Tuesday. Yes, thats right, my holiday begins on Tuesday :) I am very excited. But it should be fun with these girls here, showing them around and letting them entertain the children. As for my holiday I will get to Kampala, Uganda on the 6th then on the 7th will travel to Jinja, Uganda for the conference I will be attending. During this conference I have agreed to work with the children of other missionaries in the mornings while their parents are at worship and hearing the speakers. I was a little disappointed I wouldnt get a chance to go to worship, but I requested that I be able to attend at least once during my stay and they have agreed. But it sounds like the place I am going is really relaxing and beautiful, so it should be a wonderful time of renewal and prayer. I am really looking forward to that. If you want to see where I am going you can look up King Fisher in Jinja, Uganda. Well, blessings to all of you and a very Happy New Year!!

No comments: