Thursday, October 23, 2008

God's Little Angels

Having been not feeling well from Malaria, I have struggled a little with homesickness. I think this is normal when we dont feel good, but it wasnt fun. But I wanted to tell you how very wonderful these children are and how God uses these little angels for good. Normally on Thursdays I help to lead a prayer meeting with some of the younger children, teaching them to pray and all that. But yesterday I just wasnt up to it, so I rested while the kids instead joined the older prayer meeting. After their meeting the young ones all came to where I was at and sang two of the songs that I had tought them. And they sang with such joy and abandon, that I almost started crying. I felt like "Ok, God, I get the message. This is why I am here." I wish you all could see their beautiful smiling faces as they sang "Pharoah, Pharoah." They just love singing and doing fun actions. They told me that they even sang these songs for the older orphans during the prayer meeting, because they wanted me to be there in spirit. These children! Sometimes they just come up with some of the most profound things without even meaning to! Then later I went to go say hello to some of the little ones and they come running over and a few of them started singing "Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory." Maybe God feared that I didnt get the message the first time, but I really got it this time :) These little ones are probably between 3 and 5 and they just come singing a song that I tought them a long time ago, and havnt sang with them in a while! So God is totally at work using His little angels to give peace, and validation to His work here in South Sudan. It is so funny how there are times when you think, how can God use these little terrors :) But then they do something so sweet and you forget everything bad they have ever done. Im not saying that these children are terrors :) They are just normal kids getting into normal trouble, and quite good at it too. But praise God for them, because I know that He has such a wonderful plan for each of them. Each with their many different quarks and gifts that He can use to further His glory. Please pray for them, they they all grow to glorify His name with their every word and action. And that they may touch many more lives with their innocent joy and unconditional love. It is so amazing how children can still love you even after you have to give them a shot three times a day for five days for Malaria treatment because they wont take their medicine. It was always so funny that even right after we would give them their shot they would still come running to Mirjam and I for hugs. Children are so resilient! And how beautiful that they never hold a grudge. I can learn from this, just as I can learn many lessons from these children. Pray that I never stop learning :)
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. God Bless!!

1 comment:

jen said...

i'm glad that those camp songs are being put to good use. :) love you girl! keep pressin' on!